Find Your Personal Style
Raise your hand if you’ve ever felt pressure to conform to a style that just doesn’t fit you. Well, you’re not alone! I’ve taken the liberty of putting together a list of the best ways to choose a style that fits you and strengthens your confidence at the same time. Take a look!
1. Remove “flaw” from your vocabulary. It is important to embrace what makes you unique. Stand out from the crowd and choose an outfit that will be a platform to tell your story. Once you find the confidence that will help give your imperfections a voice, it’ll be that much more exciting finding your #OOTD!
2. What’s YOUR favorite color? Forget the trends and find your own. Choose a color that makes you POP from head to toe. While the magazines offer suggestions, you ultimately know what fits you best and will help you brighten up the room every day!
3. “Wait! Look natural…” Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and into an outfit that you would have never expected to be “you.” Experiment with different styles. If you don’t like what you see, move on to the next! Find the piece that makes you feel comfortable in your own skin.
4. Know where you’re going, and what statement you want to make. Who wants to blend in with the crowd? Sure, the invitation says “formal” but that doesn’t mean you can’t make it your own. Get creative with the options available that fit under the “formal” category. I’m sure you’ll come up with something that’s appropriate and still matches you!
5. “Imitation is a form of flattery.” Ignore that price tag! Those numbers shouldn’t ruin your party. Did you see a dress online that you just had to have? Do a bit of research. I bet you’ll find something that looks just like it OR even better that will let your pockets breathe a sign of relief and make you shine brighter than the rest!
Now, go on out there and find that perfect dress that will compliment you and help you exude even more confidence on that special day!
Fashion Empowerment Blogger | Freelance Writer | Personal Stylist